The Letter Lounge Café & Gifts is a small, independent business based in Red Hill on Brisbane’s northside, operated by Judy Gregory and Anne-Maree Jaggs.
We’re a homestyle cafe with excellent coffee, fine leaf tea, and handcrafted food.
- We pour Elixir Coffee (espresso blend)
- We make cold drip coffee using Elixir’s single origin beans (and we love it served with soda).
- We offer 13 varieties of fine leaf tea from The Tea Centre.
- We make smoothies, milkshakes and turmeric latte.
- We stock a range of alternate milks – including soy, lactose-free, coconut and almond.
- We make our food on site. We craft handmade pies, quiche, sausage rolls and frittata. We bake sweet treats like brownies, cheesecake, banana bread slices and cakes.
- We understand special-needs diets and we do our best to accommodate dietary needs. We always have gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian options available.
- We have a daily coffee/tea & cake special – always with a family-style cake.
- Scones are our daily specialty. If they’re called ‘scones’, they were made today. If they’re called ‘yesterday’s scones’, they were made yesterday. Any older than yesterday, and we won’t sell them! We love our scones with raspberry jam and good cream.
- We cook simple cafe food to order – things like avocado toast, eggs benedict, granola, omelette, sandwiches, wraps, and croissants.
- We offer handmade High Tea with a literary twist.
- High Tea is available at any time, if booked 48 hours in advance.
- Our High Tea comes with 90 minutes of bottomless tea and coffee.
- Download our High Tea flyer.
- Our gift shop is stocked with literary and word-themed gifts.
- You’ll find gifts from Storiarts, Cecily, Burbia, Literary Gift Emporium, Literary Gift Company and Big Tomato.
- We stock a range of gifts by local artists. And we’re always on the lookout for new ideas.